Friday, October 17, 2008

Boys vs Girls

Tyler has been on fall break for two weeks now. While he is only school 2 days a week, he still has missed it. Last week we were in Omaha, so it wasn't such a big deal, but this week we are home. He definatley could feel the week drag, and I felt bad for him. So, yesterday he invited his friend Emery (a darling 3 year old girl) over to play. He was excited all morning, just waiting for her arrival. I could see his little mind planning it all out. First, he dug up all is squirt guns from the toy box, bath tub, and out side. Then, he found all is hot wheels (or as he calls them, speed racer cars) and lined them up. Then, finally, he ripped apart his hotwheels track to use the orange flexible pieces for swords. Once I realized where this was going, I giggled to myself.

Upon Emery's arrival, he took her hand and asked her to play cars, fight swords, and play with guns. Emery looked at me, looked him, and was like "ummmm, I don't think so" aAnd ran upstairs to play with the kitchen, shopping cart, and dishes. Tyler looked completley dumbfounded for a second, shrugged his shoulders and ran after her. They spent the rest of the afternoon holding hands and playing dishes. Thats our boy!!

1 comment:

Christi said...

So cute! The things boys will do for girls. I love that he spent the afternoon geting ready with all his toys.