White Chicken Chili
This is a recipe I got a few months ago from the best bites foodie website. I have a made it a few times, and it gets better each time. It is so very delicious, and prefect for a dull, cold, cloudy, dreary January night. I'm so ready for summer, or even spring. I never ask for winter, I just like warm weather. I'm afraid we still have a few months of cold though. So, to get me through, I make soup, like this one! Enjoy,
and a few things I like to do different:
I always double to the recipe. It freezes very well, and I can also reserve some to eat on throughout the week. The toppings she mentions are a must, and very good on the soup.
I use 1/2 c. cilantro when I double to recipe, so use a little less if doing a single batch. I use lots of lime, and I also simmer my chicken in a little chicken broth, then dice it, and put it back in the pan with the onion and garlic. I don't simmer it totally through, but mostly all the pink is gone. I think it makes the chicken more flavorful and moist. I also use a little less broth, which will depend on how soupy or think you like it.
Enjoy,
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment